MIT Research NewsMarch 13, 2017
Toward “valleytronic” devices for data storage or computer logic systems
Researchers have discovered a new way to tune electronic energy levels in some 2-D materials.
Helen Knight | MIT News correspondent
Faster, more efficient data storage and computer logic systems could be on the horizon thanks to a new way of tuning electronic energy levels in two-dimensional films of crystal, discovered by researchers at MIT.
More Research News
- Tethered nanoparticles March 20, 2017
- Worm-inspired material March 20, 2017
- Conquering metal fatigue March 13, 2017
- A light rain can spread soil bacteria far and wide, study finds March 7, 2017
- Drug treatment could combat hearing loss February 21, 2017
- Tiny fibers open new windows into the brain February 20, 2017