MIT Research NewsMarch 13, 2017
Toward “valleytronic” devices for data storage or computer logic systems
Researchers have discovered a new way to tune electronic energy levels in some 2-D materials.
Helen Knight | MIT News correspondent
Faster, more efficient data storage and computer logic systems could be on the horizon thanks to a new way of tuning electronic energy levels in two-dimensional films of crystal, discovered by researchers at MIT.
More Research News
- High-res, low-cost imaging April 18, 2017
- Not stuck on silicon April 18, 2017
- How Memories Form April 10, 2017
- New technology could offer cheaper, faster food testing April 10, 2017
- Stretching the boundaries of neural implants April 3, 2017
- App screens for arrhythmia using smartphone camera March 29, 2017