MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Advanced Management Program
The Advanced Management Program (AMP) is a month-long senior executive program designed for a select group of experienced executives who are willing to create and sustain a learning community. AMP participants will acquire new frameworks and skills for which MIT Sloan is world renowned; make connections with colleagues who share similar experiences; and develop an expanded sense of themselves as enterprise leaders.
January 2020 session: November 25, 2019
May 2020 session: April 10, 2020
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
The Advanced Management Program (AMP) is an intense, intimate, transformative learning experience designed to fit the time constraints of seasoned, mid-career executives. This senior executive program is selective and purposely limited to 35 participants. Held on campus at MIT Sloan in Cambridge, Massachusetts, AMP is an exceptional way to:
- Develop skills and acquire planning/thinking frameworks that are useful to entrepreneurs and those in the C-suite at most companies?especially in the science, engineering, and technology sectors
- Engage with more than 30 of MIT Sloan?s world-class faculty around both their latest research in advanced management tactics and the ?tried and true? in such areas as strategy, system dynamics, leadership, and innovation
- Make new, life-long connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of geographies and companies
- Leverage multiple perspectives to advance important business issues away from day-to-day operating pressures
- Develop critical leadership and change management skills via individualized feedback assessments and 1-on-1 leadership coaching
- See new ideas emerging from the labs, centers, and businesses that are part of the MIT/Sloan/Cambridge "innovation cluster"
"I have two business degrees, an engineering degree, and more than 20 years of business experience? only now I can confidently say I understand macroeconomics and how to apply it to planning in my business."
?Supply Chain Leader, Multi-National Mining Company
How AMP Works
AMP delivers on its purpose as the leading senior executive program by combining a number of powerful features:
- Exposure to MIT Sloan?s world-class faculty and their latest research
- Access to the ?innovation ecosystem? around MIT through company visits, executive panels, a tour of labs and centers in the area
- Learning variety: classes and case studies, business simulations, leader panels, 360° feedback and 1-on-1 leadership coaching, team-building experiences, and work on personal assessments, surveys, and projects
- Connection with other participants of similar experience and ambition through AMP-specific courses, open-enrollment executive programs that draw global participants, and the ACE alumni network
TAKEAWAYSThe guiding purpose of the Advanced Management Program (AMP) is to deepen the ability of experienced executives to make significant and systemic changes in their companies and the world.
What Makes AMP a Unique Program for Senior Executives
AMP is designed to help seasoned executives succeed in a world that is increasingly unpredictable, competitive, and complex. Alumni tell us their experience with MIT and the program is distinctive and special in a variety of ways, including:
- Participation in the experience of the MIT culture and heritage, especially around innovation
- Strong focus on taking practical action: ?How does what I?m learning make me a better leader and a more valuable contributor to my business??
- Personal learning journals that track insights and growth over the program?s duration
- Individual Projects: content application to a project of real importance and value to each participant and their organization
- Systemic, cross-functional, and cross-border lenses applied to current business issues
- Faculty, coaches, and alumni who are committed to applying and generalizing from the latest management thinking and frameworks
- Integration of personal leadership concepts, skill-building, and coaching with large scale macroeconomic and systems thinking frameworks and tools
AMP Participant Benefits
- An MIT Sloan email-forwarding-for-life (EFL) address
- A 20% discount on additional Executive Education programs
- Invitations to select MIT Sloan events
- Participation in the MIT Sloan network
- Inclusion in the MIT Sloan alumni directory
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston's Logan International Airport, profits from Boston's excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs held in Massachusetts. ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Professional Education courses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.