MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Maximizing Your Personal Productivity: How to Become an Efficient and Effective Executive
Overview"Since the Great Recession, many professionals have been facing more challenging schedules and more daunting to-do lists. This makes it all the more important for professionals to be able to get their work done quickly and effectively." --Bob Pozen, Faculty Director
Maximizing Your Personal Productivity will show you how to get more done in fewer hours, so you have more time to spend with your family, or any other activity. The program offers many practical suggestions on improving your productivity and provides many opportunities for learning through doing. The course includes digital techniques to help manage your career and your team.
Faculty Director Bob Pozen is the former President of Fidelity Investments and Executive Chairman of MFS Investment Management. Bob was first interviewed about his own productivity when he was full-time chairman of a large asset manager and carrying a full teaching load at a distinguished university. That interview went viral, so he wrote a short book (Extreme Productivity), drawing upon his personal and professional experiences.
Based on the book, this program is designed to increase the personal productivity of professionals through a series of case studies, practical exercises, and background readings. It will encourage self-evaluation through polls and surveys about your work habits, and provides ample opportunities for learning through doing.
Designed for busy, experienced managers, this program will increase your personal productivity by helping you to:
- Prioritize your goals and align your time allocation better with your top goals
- Complete your high-priority projects efficiently by focusing early on the final product
- Develop techniques for moving quickly through low priority tasks like emails
- Hold shorter and more productive meetings with clear agendas and outcomes
- Manage your own team by learning how to delegate and set metrics for success
- Manage your boss by communicating regularly and adopting complementary styles
- Read with more speed and comprehension by focusing on what is most important
- Write more effectively by using outlines, the active voice and strong connectors
To see how Bob Pozen teaches people to maximize their personal productivity, please view this short video on a presentation he made recently to an audience of 150 high net worth customers.
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston’s Logan International Airport, profits from Boston’s excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs held in Massachusetts - contact your ILO for details.