MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Communication and Persuasion in the Digital Age
Advancements in technology and the rapid proliferation of digital media, data analytics, and online collaboration require executives to lead their organizations with sophisticated communication skills, adapted for these new ways of working. To be a successful leader today, you must be able to effectively persuade and influence at all levels, in person and virtually, and with supporting data.
Edward Schiappa and Ben Shields draw on cutting-edge communication research, theories of persuasion, studies on parasocial interaction, and empirical studies on compelling storytelling to help participants solve problems, make quality decisions, and motivate people. Session topics include speaking persuasively, visual persuasion, communicating quantitative information clearly, and adapting messages to audiences.
The program will help you leverage new communication skills and harness the power of persuasion to:
- Influence attitudes and change behaviors in your organization
- Understand how new technology shapes the way we work and communicate
- Bring your message and your medium into alignment
- Support your message with data analytics
- Manage virtual communications with power and presence
- Apply the latest research to become a confident and inspiring public speaker
- Create a compelling story to galvanize and motivate people
- Adapt and deliver your message across different media channels and to diverse audiences
- Advance the level of discourse within your organization
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston’s Logan International Airport, profits from Boston’s excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs held in Massachusetts. ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Professional Education courses. To obtain the discount code, click here (you must be signed in to this website as an ILP member to access the code).
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.