MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Applied Neuroscience: Unleashing Brain Power for You and Your People
This highly experiential course explores neuroscience concepts and techniques to help leaders motivate and inspire their peers and employees in ways that catalyze innovation and increase business success.
The course will take a deep dive into neuroscience concepts and techniques to help you—brain and body—through a method of unleashing potential in yourself and others.
Through a balance of theory and application, neuroscientist and MIT Sloan Senior Lecturer Dr. Tara Swart will examine the latest neuroscience research and how it can inform your personal and professional practices. Program topic areas include:
- How to boost, refuel, and re-direct your cognitive resources
- Embodied leadership and somatic practices (MIT’s “thin slices” research)
- Creative and intuitive ideas for revolutionizing collaboration
- Neural pathways that underlie procrastination, risk profile, and resilience (Swart’s Neural Tethering Model© based on research from MIT’s financial engineering department)
- The impact of gender and cultural diversity on confidence and creativity in organizations and teams
- Working with technology to empower human potential
Hands-on exercises will include enacting successful scenarios through creative, visual activities, guided meditation focused on peak performance, and optional yoga.
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston’s Logan International Airport, profits from Boston’s excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs held in Massachusetts. ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Professional Education courses. To obtain the discount code, click here (you must be signed in to this website as an ILP member to access the code).