MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Developing a Leading Edge Operations Strategy
OverviewEnterprises are becoming increasingly global, with supply chains and manufacturing processes spanning oceans and continents. To navigate the global marketplace, senior managers need to know how to plan the most efficient use of material resources, as well as manage more complicated global networks and optimize service and quality. This program will draw on real issues confronting manufacturing and service companies today to provide a strategic framework for making the kinds of major decisions every company faces.
In this program, senior managers will learn new approaches to operations strategy that were developed at MIT and based on best-practice research conducted among the world's leading manufacturing companies. Participants will gain an analytic view of operations and strategic insights into:
* Vertical integration and the factors that affect strategic decisions
* Outsourcing, supplier power, and trends in supplier management
* Global facility network strategies and the future of supply chain management
* Strategic implications of process technologies
* Capacity and risk management, including capacity factors, supply and demand management, and the role of services
* How to survive in a world of outsourcing, and how to decide whether and where to go
This program is best suited for senior managers from manufacturing and service industries who are responsible for developing and executing operations strategy, including:
* Strategic planners
* VPs of business strategy, operations, supply chain management, services, and product development; Operations general managers
* Senior project and program executives
in operations management. His latest book, Operations Leadership was published in 2007.
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston’s Logan International Airport, profits from Boston’s excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs held in Massachusetts. ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Professional Education courses. To obtain the discount code, click here (you must be signed in to this website as an ILP member to access the code).