MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Building, Leading, and Sustaining the Innovative Organization
OverviewThis program is designed to help spark the breakthrough ideas business leaders need to create successful competitive products for the future. Drawing on the latest MIT Sloan research, the program will offer a set of strategies for growing companies in the face of changing markets, technologies, and consumer demand. Specifically, participants will be presented with:
- Tactics for dealing with the internal politics and resistance to change that can threaten innovation initiatives and early-stage developments
- Techniques for building innovation streams
- Processes for collecting competitive intelligence, forecasting technology change, and gathering information on user needs
- Methods for identifying better innovations more quickly, including the lead-user method for discovering breakthrough products, services, and strategies; and innovation toolkits that enable managers to design their own mass-customized products and services
Participants will learn about the steps required to drive strategic innovation in the organization, including how to:
- Get the right mix of people and skills to generate innovative ideas efficiently
- Develop the processes required to support these people
- Build cultures that encourage innovative behaviors
- Decide which ideas are right for investment, and which new business opportunities are worth pursuing
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston’s Logan International Airport, profits from Boston’s excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all open enrollment programs, and all 2-day programs, offered through MIT Sloan Executive Education - contact your ILO for details.