MIT/ILP Calendar Event
Clean Energy Ventures: Creating Innovative New Businesses Through Entrepreneurial Management
"[It is] our institutional responsibility to address the challenges of energy and the environment ... Tackling the problems that energy and the environment present will require contributions from all our departments and schools."
-- MIT President Susan Hockfield, White House Press Conference with President Obama, March 23, 2009
Clean energy is the challenge as well as the opportunity of our generation. This innovative new four-day program is designed to enable senior executives from corporations, as well as government agency and major program leaders, to more effectively encourage, lead, and manage the entire venture creation process for clean energy - be they stand alone new ventures or pioneering undertakings inside of larger organizations. The process includes identifying opportunities, generating new ideas, designing a holistic solution, and building a viable, significant, and sustainable new energy-oriented business.
The concepts, tools and frameworks covered in the program will enable participants to:
* Identify, evaluate and support new innovation opportunities and successful venture creation strategies
* Understand current best practices for new venture creation in this area and also what practices are not working
* Design a clean energy innovation ecosystem to best support on-going clean energy venture creation
* When such an ecosystem is within a larger organization, understand the advantages and disadvantages and create strategies to maximize synergies and minimize conflicts
* Leverage new technology and other innovative breakthroughs to have the most timely and significant impact
* Enhance and expand networks with like-minded innovators
The program will feature:
* Interactive teaching sessions with some of the world's leading authorities in the field
* Live current case studies and discussions specific to clean energy, including the most successful recent start-ups in the clean energy space
* Visits to highly innovative clean energy companies
* Reviews of best practice with recognized experts
* Networking events with top innovators in the US and attending the MIT Clean Energy Prize Finals as VIP guests
Who should attend
Clean Energy Ventures is designed for senior executives in energy and energy-related companies and government leaders who are responsible for driving innovation in clean energy.
MIT is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The campus, situated in close proximity to Boston’s Logan International Airport, profits from Boston’s excellent public transportation system and the on-campus Tech Shuttle. The closest subway station is Kendall Square, which acts as a commercial center for MIT and the local community.
ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Sloan Executive Education open enrollment programs held in Massachusetts. ILP members receive a 15% discount on all MIT Professional Education courses. To obtain the discount code, click here (you must be signed in to this website as an ILP member to access the code).